Washington County to start with responders will soon have entry to new online video cameras.
Washington County Commissioners now (Tuesday) accredited the purchase of Watchguard cellular video clip products, which include human body cameras, in-automobile camera units and server program, for the sheriff’s workplace and EMS. The county is utilizing $60,370 in American Rescue Approach money.
Info Technological know-how Director TJ Harris explained the new procedure really should treatment some of the county’s difficulties with its present one particular, which consist of information storage, file formatting and possessing to routinely switch cameras.
Harris explained one explanation the county selected Watchguard is because it is employed by the Texas Department of Community Basic safety. Sergeant Brad Kuecker with the Precinct 1 Constable’s Workplace makes use of Watchguard Options cloud software, but Harris claimed the county is deciding upon to host the software package on-premises for the reason that it is fewer pricey and the county has the capability to do so.
In whole, the procedure includes 17 entire body-worn cameras, which include 12 for the sheriff’s office and five for EMS 7 in-vehicle digicam methods, all for the sheriff’s workplace two docking stations and the required server application and licensing. Harris famous that this is Washington County EMS’ to start with foray into entire body-worn cameras, introducing they are employed by other EMS organizations for liability protection.
Commissioner Kirk Hanath commented that it is an “unfortunate consequence” of today’s environment of community safety to have to record everything to protect the two citizens and the honesty of what transpires through crisis phone calls. He stated he appreciates the county seeking into a solution that will present a much better, more accurate and extra trusted process of recording.
In other motion right now, commissioners accredited a driveway permit coverage amendment to involve a fee-dependent construction for installing or extending proposed driveways in just county suitable-of-way. County Engineer Wesley Stolz reported the county is searching to adopt a approach used by spot counties where the county will make the installation and obtain payment for the components that taxpayers would fund for it. The applicant will pay back the value for the culvert and the elements, but the county will even now address the price tag for labor, installation and fuel.
Also at today’s assembly, commissioners:
- Permitted for Washington County rewards to be below one system, Heaney Team, LLC, for new use and open enrollment. The program combines employees’ existing rewards into a person provider and delivers a system to the county at no charge. Commissioner Candice Bullock mentioned as a result of the procedure, staff members can see a total of 30 per cent savings depending on what advantages they have.
- Accredited a agreement between the county and Cheryl Evans for price range preparation aid as desired by the county auditor’s business office.
- Acknowledged an audit report for Washington County for the 12 months 2021 by Rutledge Crain and Business, Pc, and Licensed Public Accountants.
- Accredited altering following week’s commissioners court meeting from Tuesday to Monday, thanks to the deficiency of a quorum.
- Authorised a bond for Daniel Gaskamp with the Washington County Sheriff’s Place of work. County Treasurer Peggy Kramer explained Gaskamp has returned to working section-time immediately after retiring from the sheriff’s office earlier this 12 months. Gaskamp served in the Brenham Law enforcement Office for 37 years right before doing the job for the sheriff’s office for the final nine decades.
- Heard month-to-month studies from the emergency administration coordinator, county and district clerks, justices of the peace, auditor, tax assessor-collector, treasurer, constables and elections division.